Saturday, June 16, 2007

Download accelerator for Linux

Wget Problem
I rarely could download large ISO files continuously. I often stop and restart download many times (due to limited internet connection at my home). I used wget to download them, because wget is very convenience, it's a command line based, and easy to be scripted. However about 20% of downloaded files are unusable, either the MD5sum was wrong, or wget does not know when to stop (once I downloaded an CD ISO file, and the wget did not stop even after the downloaded file almost 1GByte in size).

Multiget
I replaced wget with multiget (thanks to Bagus who informed me about this software). Multiget is GUI based, very fast, and so far (tried with CD and DVD ISO images) works very well and the MD5 always correct.

Multiget homepage is here : http://multiget.sourceforge.net/

No comments: